10 Things You Wouldn't Know About The Louis Vuitton Show From Looking At It On The Internet
Kate Moss seemed grumpy despite champagne for breakfast.
Marc Jacobs presented another stellar show this morning for Louis Vuitton. Recreating the hallway of a chic Parisian hotel, he had the models exit from doors that surrounded the room, wearing lace slip dresses and silk knickers, covered by silk robes or fur coats.
Backstage Marc told The Guardian that is was both Left Bank and Hollywood, saying that he was imagining, "a woman who gets dressed up, but then decides she'd rather stay in her hotel room. There's a certain decadence to that. I had in mind certain friends of mine, who walked in the show but shall remain nameless, with whom I've spent many, many nights getting dressed up in hotel rooms." That friend was obviously Kate Moss, who made an appearance wearing an elaborately embroidered chiffon gown that was almost entirely sheer.
1. Canapés and champagne were offered to guest from 9:30am. (That is how it's done people).
2. The catwalk was circular, with the audience sitting in the centre of the room.
3. There were 48 wooden doors in total from which the models exited in a perfectly choreographed sequence.
4. Through the open doors we caught glimpses of men, half undressed — they were actually figures in black and white films that were projected onto the walls.
5. The doors also had room number hanging on the back of each handle.
6. The carpet that was laid as the runway was so plush we wanted to curl up on it and have a catnap (preferably in a LV night slip, like the ones in the show today).
7. Many of the models walking (Jess Hart, Kate Moss, Daphne Groeneveld) were out late last night at the CR Fashion Book launch, but they still managed to make it to the call time on just a few hours sleep.
8. No photo could ever do those lace dresses justice.
9. The backs of the dresses (which were low cut) were even more beautiful than the front.
10. As amazing as Kate Moss is, she did seem to have trouble walking in her shoes and looked a little grumpy about it. Although, maybe she just really wanted a cigarette.
Runway images via Style.com