Karen Walker's New Year's Resolutions
The NZ designer tells us what she hopes to achieve in 2012.
Here at Oyster, we're a little festive-inclined. So far our cyber Christmas celebrations have encompassed finding out what's on Laeticia Masselos' wishlist, and getting Codie Young to curate her ultimate summer playlist (and there's still much more to come!). Now, we ask one of our favourite designers, Karen Walker, to tell us her New Year's Resolutions...
1) Swear less.
2) Keep my wardrobe sorted by category for more than a week after cleaning it out.
3) Travel less.
4) (Except I want to visit Japan in 2012 since I haven't been for 2 years).
5) Perfect my chocolate souffle.
6) And my chocolate mousse while I'm at it.
7) Practice yoga every day and perfect my backbends.
8) See more movies —and not just crappy ones on planes.
9) Read more books —or at least finish the one I started 2 months ago.
10) More swims in the sea —but only if the water's really warm.