Jun 09, 2011 12:00AM

Louis Vuitton x Billie Achilleos

Fashion's latest take on the armadillo.

Say 'armadillo' to anyone in the fashion world and 99% of the time they'll probably think of those famous 60-inch McQueen heels (OK, so that was an exaggeration.) The remaining 1% might instead think of an adorable animal-shaped sculpture constructed solely from Louis Vuitton handbags. The French fashion house has commissioned London-based sculpture artist Billie Achilleos to give its signature monogram print - all-too-frequently seen as a marker of counterfeit wallets and bad tattoos - a 2011 update.

The collaboration celebrates the launch of Louis Vuitton's Mon Monogram service, which allows customers to personalise their Vuitton with bright painted stripes and initial-stamping. Just in case, you know, someone else at baggage collection has the exact same Damier Ebane Canvas Pegas 65 rolling luggage. God, we hate it when that happens?

You wouldn't have a case of mistaken baggage identity with one of Billie Achilleos' Vuittons, however. Not that you'd risk shoving them in with your checked luggage - they're just too darn adorable. Our favourite is (of course) the armadillo, though the grasshopper's chains and functioning zips are also pretty rad.

Words: Hannah Ongley

www.louisvuitton.com

Latest


Exclusive: Tome FW13 Lookbook

See the collection which showed at NYFW today.


Watch: Jeremy Scott x adidas Originals x Nabil

Leopard headpieces, sunglass-wearing poodles and chain cage track tops.


Marc Jacobs Named Creative Director of Diet Coke

A great day for fashion and delicious beverages alike.


Exclusive: Karen Walker Eyewear x Advanced Style

Ari Seth Cohen shoots some of his muses aged between 65-92.


Oyster Fashion: Flume x Ryan Kenny

Forget the Year of the Snake, 2013 is the Year of the Flume.


Win Tickets to Cheap Monday's Backyard Sessions in Melbourne

Free booze + free BBQ + live music from King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard and more!


Exclusive: Karla Spetic AW13 Lookbook

James Nelson shoots Swedish model Linnea Regnander.


Meet the Model: Mateja Buila

Get to know the Croatian-born model signed to Six Wolves.


Oyster Fashion: Duncan Pyke x Gadir Rajab

He's covered Arena Homme dressed as David Bowie and been in campaigns for Topman — now Duncan Pyke models for us!


Exclusive: C&M Camilla and Marc AW13 Campaign

See the new collection arriving in store this week.


Win a Carven Bag from Another Love!

$840 worth of French fashion goodness.


Aubrey Plaza x Danielle Levitt x ASOS

The 'Parks and Recreation' actress fronts the March 2013 issue of the Fashion Up app.


Oyster Fashion: Rachel Rutt x Jack Salkild

Featuring models Anna-Grace Millward and Lauren Feenstra.


Vanishing Elephant Men's & Women's AW13 Lookbook Shot by Ben Sullivan

Adin Taylor and Kendall Walters model the new collection.


Watch: Bon Qui Qui, A$AP Rocky & Alessandra Ambrosio for T By Alexander Wang

A comedy sketch also featuring Simon Doonan, Shannan Click, and Natasha Lyonne.


Win Tickets to Queenies' Bob Marley Birthday Feast

A Jamaican birthday banquet next Wednesday night in Surry Hills.


Watch: Poppy Delevingne In Agent Provocateur's Valentine's Day Video

Because who hasn't been locked out of their house while wearing lingerie?


Interview: Nancy Whang (LCD Soundsystem & The Juan Maclean)

We catch up with her before she headlines Vanilla Nites this Saturday in Sydney.


Chris Brown Investigated for Assault After Brawl with Frank Ocean

A fight broke out between the two over A PARKING SPACE.


Tyler, The Creator Collaborates with Miley Cyrus

On a track co-written by Mary J. Blige.


Dress Up AW13 Lookbook

Shot by Christopher Morris, possibly inspired by Meg Ryan c. 1998.


Oyster Playlist: High Highs

To celebrate the release of their debut album (out today!) and upcoming Laneway tour.


The Presets Prize Pack & Ticket Giveaway!

Win a super duper Presets prize pack as well as double passes to see them live during their Australian tour next month.


Oyster Fashion: Grace Small x Sonny McCartney

The up-and-coming model (who was just in the Urban Outfitters Europe campaign) is styled wearing her own clothes.


Rene Vaile x Big Day Out Sydney 2013

Stranger in the crowd.


Chanel Couture Spring 2013 Gallery & Review

In which Karl Lagerfeld builds a fake forest inside the Grand Palais and sends gay brides down the runway.


Sleigh Bells' Handwritten Big Day Out Questionnaire

We ask the band to fill in the blanks backstage.


Maya Villiger Interview & Glassons Street Style Campaign

We ask the photographer/Turned Out blogger about her collages, favourite blogs and casting process.


Watch: Crystal Renn x Pamela Love x Devendra Banhart

The label's first film, directed by Skye Parrott.


Big Day Out Sydney 2013 Polaroids

Split-second street style.


Exclusive: Ruby Jean Wilson x Wrangler AW13 Campaign

From Marc Jacobs to iconic denim.