Marc Jacobs Launches Beauty Collection
Here are five things you need to know.
Marc Jacobs is launching a 122-piece beauty collection this August. Here are five things you need to know:
1. The product names are inspired by Marc Jacobs' tattoos and favourite films, and the packaging is inspired by a shiny table he has at home.
2. The line will include a 'boy tested girl approved' unisex range including lip balm, brow tamer and concealer.
3. There won't be many natural shades because Marc Jacobs thinks natural shades are "lazy".
4. There is a blush called 'Shameless'. In speaking with WWD, Marc Jacobs says, "Whether it's wearing a lace dress with a pair of boxer shorts or whether it's taking off my clothes for a magazine or whether it's admitting to my flaws or having a hair transplant, I'm not ashamed of what I do. I haven't done anything wrong. And I'd prefer to be honest because I sleep better at night."
5. Marc Jacobs' famous friends like Sofia Coppola and Kim Gordon have already road-tested the new line.
The line will retail from $24 — $59, and will be available from Sephora and Marc Jacobs' standalone boutiques.