New Lana Del Rey, Tame Impala, The Weeknd, Drake & Ke$ha
Plus Frank Ocean to soundtrack next episode of Gossip Girl.
Happy Friday! Here's a whole lot of new music — from the good (Tame Impala) to the bad (Ke$ha).
• Fun time bros Tame Impala have released their video for 'Feels Like We Only Go Backwards'. I feel kind of high just from looking at it/listening to it. Mission accomplished, Tame Impala.
• From the Oxford Dictionary:
Excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance.
In related news, Lana Del Rey has a new video.
• Degrassi: The Next Generation child actor Drake teams up with The Weeknd on dark and moody track 'The Zone'. He raps about falling in love with cracked-out strippers. You know, the usual.
Abel Tesfaye (aka The Weeknd) managed to find time to direct the video himself between touring and recording his upcoming Trilogy album (out next week). BBC Radio 1 premiered a new song off the album, 'Till Dawn (Here Comes The Sun)'.
• It's not fair to talk about music without mentioning Ke$ha. Her new video for 'Die Young' features Tumblr-esque Illuminati symbols, lots of leather, some overt advertising for a mobile phone and orgies. The song itself is of course a carefully considered critique of our times and society, including lyrics such as "that magic in your pants/it's making me blush." Can I also just ask since when did Ke$ha have a gold tooth? Usually I would find this endearing but it kind of makes me hate her more.
• Frank Ocean will soundtrack the next episode of Gossip Girl, which is now in its final season. The episode, which airs on 12 November, will feature 'Super Rich Kids', 'Sweet Life', 'Thinkin Bout You', 'Lost' and 'Pyramids'. This will be the first time his music has been used on TV, and also the first time one artist has exclusively provided music for an episode of Gossip Girl.