Oyster Playlist: Marshall Jefferson
The godfather of house made us a mix ahead of his Australian tour.
Marshall Jefferson, who is widely considered a founding father of house music, has made us a playlist ahead of his first Australian tour in four years. The Chicago native has been bringing genre-defining tracks to the world since the 80s, even headlining the first House Music Tour of Europe in '87. Marshall has reached a revered status as a forerunner in the acid/deep house scene by producing seminal house anthems like 'Move Your Body' (1986) and releasing a multitude of mixtapes. This house playlist, care of the man himself, will get you ready to lose your shit at one of Marshall's upcoming live shows.
1. 'Rainforest Serenade' — Jungle Wonz
2. 'Satisfy' — Inner Souls (Booker T mix)
3. 'Far Away' — Marsha Ambrosius (Terry Hunter mix)
4. 'La Pasion' — Hardsoul (Crazibiza mix)
5. 'Satisfaction' — Curtis McClain
6. 'Time Before Man' — Joseph Long
7. 'Try' — Virgo
9. 'For The Very First Time' — HNNY
10. 'Keeping It Deep' — Johnny Fiasco
Marshall Jefferson's Australian tour dates: