The Internet Reacts to Obama's Presidential Win
Here's how the kids are feeling about Barry.
Without the internet, nobody would ever know how anyone else was feeling. Without Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, we would all be helpless blobs fading into oblivion, unable to understand IRL social cues or connect emotionally with one another. The internet, thankfully, is very real, and we can therefore learn the varied states of happiness of virtually anyone. Here are the reactions of some of our favourite people on the internet after Obama won yesterday's US presidential election:
• Lady Gaga felt proud and joyful, not only about Denver's new cannabis legislation but also the country's first openly gay senator. (facebook.com/ladygaga)
• Lil B was really happy and positive, but then again he usually is. (There is also a non sequitur regarding a cat in a recording studio, but this is most likely unrelated to Obama.) (@LILBTHEBASEDGOD)
• Girls' Allison Williams watched her father (Brian Williams of NBC Nightly News) on TV while Mindy Kaling ate Nutella right from the jar (GPOY). (@mindykaling)
• Riff Raff reported that election-loser Mitt Romney had invited himself over for "rice" (is this a euphemism) and "henessy" [sic]. We are assuming, for libel purposes, that he was joking. (@JODYHIGHROLLER)
• And finally to the golden couple, the King and Queen of modern Camelot, Michelle and Barack Obama. Michelle felt grateful, as did Barack.
And then they broke the internet (and our hearts) with this twitpic: