Top 10: Land's End SS13 Fashion Week Buys
Store founder Jane Jasper tells us her picks of the season.
If you haven't heard of Land's End Store, then you obviously have way too much self-control when it comes to your disposable income. Land's End was founded in 2008 by the forever-well-dressed Jane Jasper (she used to be a Vogue fashion editor), and was one of the first international boutiques to buy Balmain. Now housed within the Paddington boutique's walls is a froth-worthy selection of Proenza Schouler, Rochas, Roland Mouret and more. Perhaps most excitingly though, is Land's End's newest addition... Céline. CÉLINE.
We asked Jane about her top 10 buys from the SS13 international season that has just passed. Prepare to weep:
1. This Céline look captures everything I liked about this collection: that lovely marriage of minimalism and femininity.
2. This Céline is a dress to buy and have forever, the deep navy colour and elegant high neckline are super chic but the fraying hem stopped this classic dress way short of being boring.
3. This Proenza Schouler tweed was actually a Gerhard Richter painting blown up and realized in tweed, the colours are very beautiful.
4. I loved all this print and fluid chiffon in the middle of the Proenza Schouler show, it was a nice counter to all the shiny texture and clean lines of the opening looks.
6. This great Balmain leather skirt would be a very enduring addition to anyone's wardrobe; worn with this beautiful and delicate blouse it is super gorgeous.
7. This Roland Mouret dress captured the Memphis theme of the collection without being too nostalgic. Plus that neckline would look amazing with brown shoulders!
8. This very 80s peg trouser was everywhere this season, but here the top keeps this Roland Mouret look firmly in this decade.
Runway imagery via Style.com