Top 5: People Who Had a Better Long Weekend Than You
And you thought you had a good time.
1) Batgirl: It was win win for the caped crusader this weekend. She regained both her storyline and the use of her legs.
2) Amina Araf: Over the weekend, the author of the blog 'A Gay Girl in Damascus' was revealed to be a slightly less alluring 'Straight Bearded Man in Edinburgh'. Araf may not be real but her non-existence also precludes her apparent kidnapping at the hands of the evil Syrian secret service. Swings and roundabouts, as they say.
3) Charlie Sheen: In news set to tantalise the TV-eyes of fine drama enthusiasts the world over, everyone's favourite tiger-blooded warlock is in talks to star in a new sitcom. Watch out, HBO!
4) Rebecca Black: In a severe blow to the integrity of anyone who has ever entertained the thought that her 15 minutes were well and truly over, the 'Friday' singer reclaimed a semblance of relevancy this weekend by shooting a cameo for Katy Perry's latest video.
5) The Queen: We may get a day off work in celebration, but it's abundantly clear that the real winner of this whole Queen's Birthday Long Weekend situation is Liz herself. Celebrating her actual birthday on April 21, her grand total of birthday's per annum clocks in at two which, quite frankly, blows the average one out of the water.
Words: Lillian McKnight